Castle Lanes Bowling News & Events.......

Racine's Castle Lanes "Visit the Wildside of Bowling".

16 year old Scott Brau Jr. sets new city record 7/30/2012

Scott Brau Jr. made his way into the record books Monday 7/30/12. The 16-year-old Racine junior bowler had strikes on his first 23 shots of the night in the Adult/Junior League at Castle Lanes and set a city junior record with an 867 series. Brau opened with his first lifetime 300 game, followed that with a 299 and got nine more strikes in his third game of 268 for the series, which is also tied for fourth on the all-time Racine series list, according to Racine USBC Bowling Association manager John Knudsen. Brau, whose parents Scott Sr. and Michelle and brother Anthony also bowl, said he hasn’t been bowling like that all season. “I’ve been doing the opposite,” Brau said. “I don’t know (how it happened) — everything worked.” The previous junior record is 857, set by Ryan Zagar in 2009. Brau ties Jon Hunter, who had an 867 series in 2008, on the all-time list, and the series far surpassed Brau’s previous high of 739. Brau, who struck on his first eight shots of the third game and finished spare spare-strike, said the series wasn’t so much of a surprise. “The only one I’m shocked about was the 300,” Brau said. “Everything else fell together.” Scott a left hander was using a Brunswick C-System 3.5 and was only 11 pins short of the Men’s City Record of 878 set by John Schroeder Jr. which was thrown 3/13/2012 in the Miller $2,000 classic.

Views: 128

Reply to This

© 2017   Created by Phil Ontko.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service